Monday, September 17, 2007

1 Cor 2:6-16: Holy Spirit and Holy Scripture

630pm29-07-07.mp3

Passage: 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
Originally Preached: 29/07/07 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: Leadership from 1 Corinthians

Description: God has not kept himself hidden, but revealed himself through his Spirit and his Word.

Comment: It's been a while since I preached this sermon. It's been a while since I posted a sermon too actually. I've been busy preaching in Africa, and um, not posting sermons online.

Still here is this one. And there are a few more coming soon. So that's good.

I don't really have much to say about this message. I liked doing it because I like the Bible. I had been given my passage and my title and a chapter of a book about the title and passage from my boss to prepare for the sermon. I had to try and achieve the aims of the pastor of the service while preaching what I thought the Spirit was wanting me to say, and this is the message that came out.

The illustration I did about being on camp I didn't have until 10 minutes before the start of the sermon, so it's a little more rough than I would have liked. I've polished it up since then.

I preached this message when I was in Kenya recently to a church in a small town in the west of the country. It didn't really seem to go down too well. They like the more exciting sermons in Kenya I noticed. But I still felt I wanted to give the message. Individual Bible literacy doesn't seem to be as important in Kenya as it is in Evangelical churches here. I feel like the Bible is so precious we should be encouraging our brothers and sisters everywhere to get into it.

After I preached that sermon I went on to preach this one and they liked that a lot more. It's a bit more exciting.

So there are my thoughts. Sorry it's been so long between posts. I'll post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home