Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eph 1:15-23 - Know Jesus - The Farewell Sermon

630pm11-01-09.mp3

Passage: Ephesians 1:15-23
Originally Preached: 11/01/09 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: Farewell Service

Description: If you know nothing else, know Jesus.

Comment: This was the last sermon I preached as Youth Minister at St Stephen's. It was always going to be an important sermon. Wrapping up six formative years of ministry was a big event for me. I worked hard to make sure I had something to say that would sum up my greatest intent for the people I had the privilege of ministering to and with for the previous six years.

I settled on the theme of knowing Jesus. It is not a particularly new message, but I never intended to bring a new message. We preach an ancient message that brings new life, transforms the world now and is continually relevant. Jesus and his gospel is always going to be the only thing worth preaching. I wanted to make it clear that it wasn't about me, but about Jesus and what he has done.

I am very thankful for the time I spent at the church. I am blessed to have worked in a place where I could develop in ministry. I grew a huge amount during my time there and am very happy to have been given the opportunity I had. I loved all the people I got to work with. The young people were very special. Most of all I am thankful for all I saw God do. I saw many changed lives, many answers to prayer and many people have Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. I had a wonderful time. It was worth it.


For those of you who are wondering, this will not be the end of the blog or the podcast. I have a number of preaching engagements coming up in 2009, so I will endeavour to get them to all you millions of loyal listeners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home